Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sabrina (1954)

Ok, first of all, this movie has Audrey Hepburn and who doesn't love her? She is one of my favorite actresses of all time. It also has Humphrey Bogart and I love his acting! He is also a personal favorite of mine. Those people were enough reason for me to watch the movie, they were both wonderful actors.  The third lead in the movie (William Holden) is not my favorite, but it's safe to say that he is still a good actor no matter how much I like or dislike him. 
The movie's story line is a little slower (but that is just how older movies were). It is about a chauffeur's daughter, named Sabrina, who is in love with a man whom her father works for and is a playboy named David (Holden). She is sent away to a school in Paris and when she comes back she has transformed herself into a classy, beautiful woman. When David see's the new Sabrina, he falls in love with her. However his brother, Linus (Bogart), has a plan for his brother and Sabrina is ruining the plan. He makes her fall in love with him instead of David so is plans can continue. 
I love this story. The actors all perform admirably and the script plays out beautifully. Everything the view expects to happen, happens. And then a few things they don't expect to happen, suddenly come into play. It leaves you wondering, "Who is going to win in the end? Does anyone win?" I love that the movie leaves you wondering who the victor will be until the final scenes of the movie. It is a beautiful story of romance that leaves viewers wanting to watch it again and again. (At least that was my reaction.)
            


2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah. Classic from start to finish. Cast is superb and Ms Hepburn is without match then or now. She is one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen this one, but that definitely is an all star cast. Good review. I can tell you have a good taste for movies. I also liked the picture that accompanied the blog. As well as your blog overall. Since you're into the classics, you should check out "Rebel Without A Cause" and "East of Eden." Both really good movies.

    ReplyDelete